Childhood travelling

   Started living in Jakimirya

When I was a child...

In the last post, as you remember, I travelled from Vengurla to Ratnagiri. We were living in a village named Jakimirya. Jakimirya is still my homeland. It is 3 km away from the Ratnagiri Bus Station and the the Rahataghar bus station. Of course, the city bus was not started in Jakimirya, when I came here. Here I played as an infant. Those were really the amazing days, pre-school days. It was a real childhood. It was from 1960 to 1966. In 1967 I was admitted in primary school in Jakimirya. Before that, from 1965 onwards my parents and grandmother took me many times to City and back. It was nice travel on bullock cart or on foot . I enjoyed it in those pre-city bus period. 

     My childhood travel

The first city bus ran through Jakimirya-Ratnagiri

Even during the primary school , we travelled many times to the city. The city is fifteen minutes away from our village. In those days, the public transport system was very rare and people always had to walk . In fact, the first city bus was introduced in our village was in 1969, when I was in the third standard. The frequency was less , two or three trips in a day. The only nice thing was that the buses were colourful. In Blue, green and white. The Red colour was introduced after many many years later. The bus was upto Jakimirya, when it was first introduced, but later it was extended ahead to Sadamirya and to the last part i.e. Miryabunder, the other parts of Mirya village in total. 

The new city bus having totally a new change in color


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travelling to find a flat on rent and make inquiry

The cleverer people